Branded Executive Resume Writer
The LinkedIn Activity Feed, that resides on the home page when a LinkedIn member logs into their account, is a treasure trove of information from their connections and followed companies. Posting information, via the update function for information to appear in the Activity Feed, is a great way for a LinkedIn member to stay top of mind to their connections. By posting interesting information of value on a regular basis to your LinkedIn Activity Feed, hiring managers and recruiters within your connection reach start to see you as a generous, knowledgeable resource to reach out for referrals and inquiries to when open roles are available.
Types of information that one can consider posting is:
- Congratulations of others on promotions and job changes
- Promotions received; new projects awarded
- Topics needing advice and insight
- Announcements on accolades, testimonials and awards received
- Conferences, conventions and networking events attending
- Informational materials, such as videos, publications, podcasts, slides and white papers
- Articles written by others that the job seeker finds interesting
- Re-posting and sharing of information posted in others’ activity feeds
- Comments on other member’s posts; responses to comments on own posts
The engagement is highly valued by LinkedIn, but exactly how it is measured and weighted is unknown. Sharing information with these types of informational posts cross pollinate one’s profile to generate more and more exposure well beyond the first degree of connections, which increases the likelihood of recruiters and hiring managers stumbling upon the candidate’s profile and ranking higher in search results, due to the engagement and common connections.
If you are interested in working with Lisa Rangel, an accomplished executive resume and profile writer, LinkedIn Job Seeker Group Moderator and job search consultant, to achieve the social media exposure and land the interviews you want, sign up for an exploratory call now and learn about how Chameleon Resumes can help.