Last week, I held a private 30-person Executive Mastermind where we did Group Executive Resume Critiques.
These brave souls offered up their resumes in a public group (although private among participants) for me to critique and give them specific feedback to improve their own resumes.
To be clear, this was a virtual room of accomplished, formidable-backgrounded senior leaders who did not shy away from tough feedback — because they knew it would make their resumes better.
So I did what I do. Told them what needed to be fixed.
And in many cases, the mistakes or items to be fixed were everyday fixes that you have seen listed in blogs, LinkedIn posts and Twitter feeds since social media and the internet were birthed.
These aren’t new mistakes. And people are still doing them.
Smart, accomplished people are still doing them.
What are those mistakes? Well, I list them in a short and sweet way in this video:
Let me know if you are doing any of these three in the comments below.
And if you want to watch my resume writing training, register for the on-demand session here:
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6 or 7-figure role faster.