3 Psychological Hacks to Give You An Upper Hand When Asking for Promotion
I always have to be careful when discussing the topic of using psychology in negotiations. People sometimes get the wrong idea that we want to maliciously manipulate people to get what we want. That’s not how it works, especially at this level.
In this episode of the Pretend Your Fired Today Podcast, I’ll show you 3 psychological hacks to ease anxiety and foster collaboration, creating an environment where your case for a raise is likely to be favorably heard and accepted.
Let’s begin, shall we?
– What using a decision-maker’s own words when describing a problem does in their mind and how to do it without being awkward. (1:56)
– What to do with your own body language to subtly create trust, familiarity and comfort … a state of being that astronomically improves your odds for a “Yes” … (4:03)
– Give them the red pill or the blue pill … How limiting options to a specific amount positively frames your request for a raise. (6:05)
– What TRUE job security means in today’s economy and steps to achieve it. (8:36)
– Why “Remaining employable” doesn’t mean finding the job you’ll stay in for the next 25 years, and why this is a BIG challenge for you … (11:34)
As you’ll learn in the episode, these psychological hacks are not intended to brainwash or manipulate anyone. You’re simply preparing your workspace, so to speak, so that the value you offer can be seen in its best context.
Of course, doing this all on your own can be an intimidating challenge. if you you don’t want to do it alone, and would like personalized coaching, then hop over to chameleonresumes.com/ultimate-job-search. We’ll be glad to help.
Have a listen, now!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Lisa Rangel and the Chameleon Resumes team have helped over 6,000 executives and senior professionals land the 6-figure positions they deserve.
If you want to work with an elite team of former Fortune 500 recruiters, executive resume writers, and job landing experts so you can win the attention of hiring managers and land more lucrative interviews, sign up for an exploratory call so we can discuss how our 4-stage META Job Landing SystemTM can help you land your next 6-figure position.