3 Psychological Hacks to Give You An Upper Hand When Asking for Promotion
I always have to be careful when discussing the topic of using psychology in negotiations. People sometimes get the wrong idea that we want to maliciously manipulate people to get what we want. That’s not how it works, especially at this level.
In this episode of the Pretend Your Fired Today Podcast, I’ll show you 3 psychological hacks to ease anxiety and foster collaboration, creating an environment where your case for a raise is likely to be favorably heard and accepted.
Let’s begin, shall we?
– What using a decision-maker’s own words when describing a problem does in their mind and how to do it without being awkward. (1:56)
– What to do with your own body language to subtly create trust, familiarity and comfort … a state of being that astronomically improves your odds for a “Yes” … (4:03)
– Give them the red pill or the blue pill … How limiting options to a specific amount positively frames your request for a raise. (6:05)
– What TRUE job security means in today’s economy and steps to achieve it. (8:36)
– Why “Remaining employable” doesn’t mean finding the job you’ll stay in for the next 25 years, and why this is a BIG challenge for you … (11:34)
As you’ll learn in the episode, these psychological hacks are not intended to brainwash or manipulate anyone. You’re simply preparing your workspace, so to speak, so that the value you offer can be seen in its best context.
Of course, doing this all on your own can be an intimidating challenge. if you you don’t want to do it alone, and would like personalized coaching, then hop over to chameleonresumes.com/ultimate-job-search. We’ll be glad to help.
Have a listen, now!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.