I always have to be careful when discussing the topic of using psychology in negotiations. People sometimes get the wrong idea that we want to maliciously manipulate people to get what we want. That’s not how it works, especially at this level.
In this episode, I’ll show you 3 ways you can use psychology to ease anxiety and foster collaboration, creating an environment where your case for a raise is likely to be favorably heard and accepted.
Let’s begin, shall we?
- What using a decision-maker’s own words when describing a problem does in their mind and how to do it without being awkward. (1:56)
- What to do with your own body language to subtly create trust, familiarity and comfort … a state of being that astronomically improves your odds for a “Yes” ... (4:03)
- Give them the red pill or the blue pill … How limiting options to a specific amount positively frames your request for a raise. (6:05)
- What TRUE job security means in today’s economy and steps to achieve it. (8:36)
- Why “Remaining employable” doesn’t mean finding the job you’ll stay in for the next 25 years, and why this is a BIG challenge for you ... (11:34)
As you’ll learn in the episode, these hacks are not intended to brainwash or manipulate anyone. You’re simply preparing your workspace, so to speak, so that the value you offer can be seen in its best context.
Of course, doing this all on your own can be an intimidating challenge. if you you don’t want to do it alone, and would like personalized coaching, then hop over to http://executivejobsecurity.com. We’ll be glad to help.
Have a listen, now!
Lisa Rangel and the Chameleon Resume team have helped hundreds of people just like you get the 6-figure position they deserve.
If you are interested in working with an elite team of former Fortune 500 recruiters and executive resume writers to win the attention of hiring managers and start landing more interviews, sign up for an exploratory call now to discuss next steps.