You should always negotiate—even if you think your employer will say no.
Whether it’s a promotion at your current job, a promotion or a salary negotiation for a new job offer, you should always aim to not take the first offer
Watch my newest video for 3 reasons why —and the one scenario where it’s okay to choose NOT to negotiate. It’s a pretty rare scenario, but if this one scenario that happened to our client happens to you, then don’t negotiate.
Outside of this one scenario I describe on the video…always negotiate. And I give you three reasons why your employer needs you to negotiate.
And once you watch the video, grab a copy of my Fat Stacks eBook to learn how maximize your raise when negotiating.
Here is the eBook link: https://chameleonresumes.com/fat-stacks
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.