Job searching everyday isn’t for the mentally meek. You need a positive job landing mindset.
It’s tough putting yourself out there every day. Whether you juggling your job search covertly in between your current job responsibilities or doing a full court press job search all the time because you are between jobs, an ongoing job search can be mentally taxing.
Some days you are conquering your list, connecting with people and setting up meetings.
And on other days, many other days, the phone weighs 1000 lbs, your keyboard keys need a hammer to type one character and you don’t want to look at another notification on your phone, in case it’s news you don’t want to hear. Again.
It’s easy to fall into a mental abyss when job searching.
It happens to all of us at some point.
So how do you get of the job search funk and get your head back in the game to land a job?
In my latest video, I address the three steps you can take to get your attention back focused on what you need to do and stop wallowing on what’s not working.
(This is easier typed than done, as you know, you will want to know the three R’s to shift back into a job landing mindset….)
I would love your thoughts and comments either in the video comments or reply via email:
I read and reply to every email.
If you want more help with Job Landing Mindset exercises, here is my “Job Landing Mindset” eBook:
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.