If you have the right resume template to start with, doing your own resume is possible.
Some have the time, some follow instructions well, and for some, it just financially makes sense to do it yourself.
And I’m a huge supporter of the DIY job seeker, as you know.
So I have created my own resume templates that have helped job seekers land jobs faster than on their own and garnered years of testimonials that they work.
But over the years, to make my templates better, I have reviewed many other templates that are out there.
And I have observed 5 problems that I consistently see in templates that won’t help the DIYer…
I shared observations in this video here below so you can avoid the mistakes and save yourself some time and money if you are on the DIY path.
What would you add to the list of resume template problems?
What did I miss? What has frustrated you in the past?
Let me know your thoughts in a private message or a comment on the video.
Here is the link to the 3 resume templates https://gm125.infusionsoft.app/app/orderForms/Three-Easy-Plug-In-Info-Resumes that I designed that come with an instructional video and book to help you write powerful content that will resonate with your reader.
…and if you know, for whatever reason, you don’t want to do it yourself, DM me so I can give you the link to schedule a chat.
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.