6 Executive Interview Points You Must Cover to Land an Offer
Whether or not you are in a revenue producing role as an executive, to land an offer in today’s economy, you have to demonstrate how your function contributes to the top/bottom line either directly or indirectly.
Addressing these 6 executive interview points in your interview better than other fellow job seekers will significantly increase your ability to land the offer and beat your competition.
Be sure you have examples from your prior employers where you demonstrate how you:
(1) Made money
Show your prospective employer how you made or contributed to decisions that led to new clients coming on board, to retaining existing clients or to increasing margins.
(2) Saved money
Demonstrate how you affected sound cost cutting measures, optimized services received for the same/less money, or improved resource utilization.
(3) Mitigated risk
Communicate where you had the foresight to share insight that resulted in prime product/company positioning or avoided problems – anytime risk can be averted while balancing opportunity capitalization. Employers want to know you have that ability.
(4) Streamlined processes
Have you reduced the aging from 27 days to 19 days? Did you automate processes that enable clients to sign 6 weeks faster? If you have made your prior organizations leaner and more effective simultaneously, be sure to have examples ready to discuss.
(5) Contribute to culture
Spearheading safety initiatives, promote-from-within programs and inter-corporate mentoring circles are examples of forming and contributing to culture. Companies desire these traits since they cannot be taught. Have scenarios ready to present that demonstrate you have this innate skill.
(6) Influenced others
Do people want to work for you? Do you find co-workers want to be in committees you’re leading? Are you brought in to close the deal since people tend to follow what you say? If you are likable, easy to work with and people want to follow you, that will score you major points in an interview. Collect your stories of where you made a difference to inch out your job-seeking competitors.
Some job seekers react with “I oversee (IT, Marketing, Sales) so (#1, #2 or #6, respectively) doesn’t apply to me. As long as I maintain the systems/get leads/close business, that’s all that matters.”
Or, if the job seeker is not an executive, the job seeker mistakenly thinks they can’t make a difference in any of these areas.
Make no mistake: THESE 6 ITEMS MUST BE NAILED BETTER THAN YOUR COMPETITION TO LAND AN OFFER.
These points apply to you. No matter what your role is….these apply to you, too.
Additionally, please join us for our No-Cost masterclass training session “How to Design a Powerful Resume to Land Six-Figure Job Interviews and Get the Offer!“. Ensure you have an optimized executive resume that will stop recruiters and hiring managers in their tracks to land you interviews for the jobs you want.
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.