My buddy Chris Russell of Career Cloud wrote an article for Recruiting Headlines titled, “20 Recruiting Pros Share Their Plans for 2017” where he polls 20 recruiters from various fields and asks them:
“What will you be doing more of/less of to attract talent next year?”
I tallied the answers and here are the results:
Video – 2 mentions
Social Media – 4 mentions
New Tech Tools – 3 mentions
Old School Conversations – 6 mentions
Direct Sourcing (with parameter list) – 2 mentions
In-person Networking – 2 mentions
Employee Attraction-Based Tactics – 5 mentions
**Yes, these total more than 20 because some mentioned more than one tactic.
What did this list tell me?
There is no magic elixir.
Some recruiters use social media. Some don’t.
Some recruiters just wanna chat on the phone.
Others just want to email.
And others actually shower and are okay with you seeing them using video for a chat. <Make sure you shower, too.>
Some want to find you on Twitter.
Others want to meet you in a bar. <– This was an actual answer of one respondent. “Hang out in a bar where experienced candidates hangout.”
So it means you need to look good and be present online and offline.
And even for those offline situations, recruiters will check your resume to see what you’re about before they direct message you, meet you at the bar, or email you.
So look good on your resume, at the minimum.
Not sure how?
Attend my next training and learn how to look good on and make the most of your resume to get the interviews you want.
No-Cost Resume Training Registration Link: https://chameleonresumes.com/execrestraining/
Don’t miss it. Choose to be successful in 2017!
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.