Have you ever been thrown off balance when you were asked, “What salary are you looking for…” and you didn’t know how to answer?
Being able to react – and answer! – the salary question professionally is yet another way to make a strong impression and convey your value and your confidence in your abilities. That’s why it’s important to know how to answer it properly.
On today’s podcast we are going to discuss how to answer the salary question well so you always get what you deserve.
– The reason why some recruiters ask the salary question at the very beginning. (2:36)
– What does your reaction to the question tell about you to the hiring manager. (6:00)
– How to handle the answer like a pro without having to give a flat number. (6:20)
– How NOT to answer the salary question. (7:41)
– This word-for-word answer will always work in your favour during negotiations. (Get a pen and write it down immediately!) (8:29)
Plus, if you would like some personalized help to do these action confidently, then go to http://pretendyourfiredtoday.com/coaching for more details.
Start listening now!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.