Have you ever been thrown off balance when you were asked, “What salary are you looking for...” and you didn’t know how to answer?
Being able to react - and answer! - the salary question professionally is yet another way to make a strong impression and convey your value and your confidence in your abilities. That’s why it’s important to know how to answer it properly.
On today’s podcast we are going to discuss how to answer the salary question well so you always get what you deserve.
- The reason why some recruiters ask the salary question at the very beginning. (2:36)
- What does your reaction to the question tell about you to the hiring manager. (6:00)
- How to handle the answer like a pro without having to give a flat number. (6:20)
- How NOT to answer the salary question. (7:41)
- This word-for-word answer will always work in your favour during negotiations. (Get a pen and write it down immediately!) (8:29)
Start listening now!
Lisa Rangel and the Chameleon Resume team have helped hundreds of people just like you get the 6-figure position they deserve.
If you are interested in working with an elite team of former Fortune 500 recruiters and executive resume writers to win the attention of hiring managers and start landing more interviews, sign up for an exploratory call now to discuss next steps.