This episode is a dagger in most listener’s heart as it’s about a subject that we don’t really like to think about: when you get the feeling your boss wants to fire you.
Thanks for listening, everyone! I’m Lisa Rangel. The possibility of getting fired is not a pleasant thought and is definitely not a pleasant experience. But how you handle this situation will say a lot about the kind of person you are and can even work out in your better favor. So even though this is not something you may want to think about, it’s in your best interest to be well prepared. Let’s check out what we’re going to cover today …
- Your boss wanting you out may have no reflection on your work quality. Here’s what it may actually be about … (1:15)
- Even if it is about your performance but you like your job and want to stay, here’s how to evaluate if your job can be saved (1:55)
- “Don’t drink milk on a hot day” … The vibe you carry forward from your soon-to-be former employer will be noticed and may lengthen your unemployment … (4:16)
- Your employer isn’t your spouse. Even if your job can be saved, you really should look at what else is out there … (4:44)
- How to know when it’s time to say goodbye, even when the decision is yours .. (5:44)
If you’re getting that vibe from your boss now and you think you might want to try and work it through, we can help guide you and coach you to give you your best shot. If you don’t want to keep your job, or even if you do, but it’s not an option (like, because your company is moving and you refuse to relocate), we can also help you be as prepared and as desirable as possible so landing your next job will be a breeze. Hop on over to http://executivejobsecurity.com to learn more about how we can specifically help you.
Enjoy the episode!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.