I just got off the phone with a total diva!
The first question out of her mouth was “How much are you going to pay me?”
What’s in it for me? What do I get? Me me me.
Recruiting divas is an exhausting time suck.
Diva candidates ask a lot of questions about how the open job can meet their needs.
Diva candidates want to know how the environment will make them happy.
Diva candidates (also known as drama candidates) need to make sure they will not be too uncomfortable in the job and not have too much disruption.
<insert vomit emoji here>
I can’t get diva candidates out of my office fast enough.
Driver candidates, on the other hand, are dreamy.
They ask questions about the situation to determine how they can fix your problems and add value.
Drivers want to know about the warts and imperfections so they can apply solutions, but they are not put off by discomfort or imperfection. In fact, drivers thrive on it.
Drivers want to see how they can give to a situation.
Divas want to take from a situation.
Interview like a driver. Not a diva.
Our Interview Prep Bundle is where you learn what to do and what not to do:
I can tell you:
-Don’t ask for money first.
-Don’t ask about benefits during the first interview.
-And don’t say “I want your job” when asked the lame “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” question.
And if you want to learn what to do, get my Interview Bundle:
Let’s do this.
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6 or 7-figure role faster.