Whether on your own, through an executive job search club or by hiring a professional executive resume writer and job search consultant, today’s executive job seeker must be prepared to capitalize on the wealth of opportunities before them in today’s competitive employment marketplace. There is opportunity, but you must be prepared to edge out your competition by presenting yourself in the best way possible. There are no second chances.
To ensure you develop the tools needed for your job search, below is a list, by no means exhaustive, that has been compiled to get you started to assemble the tools and resources you will need to conduct a successful job search.
• Branded resume, LinkedIn profile, executive Bio, One-page Networking Resume, ASCII, mobile resume
• Crafted situation- achievement-result stories that outline results from strategic implementations
• Cover letters, thank you notes, exploratory inquiry communications and related follow-up protocols.
• Interviewing Preparation—Company research, job / contact research, exploratory, standard, behavioral & situational interview questions
• Salary research & compensation package negotiations
• Networking – Traditional networking opportunities, Eventbrite, Meetup, school alumni groups, corporate alumni groups, professional and industry associations.
• Online Presence & Networking Tools: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Blog, Pinterest, Google+
• Online Job Resources: LinkUp, Indeed, Specialty Niche boards, Google Alerts, Job Board Alerts
• Job Search Activity Tracking & Organization: JibberJobber, Tim’s Strategy, Jackalope jobs, ever note, mobile resources, Excel
• Profession & Industry-based employment and job search trends. Know what you have to do and avoid what are dated practices.
Written by Lisa Rangel, Executive Resume Writer
If you are interested in working with Lisa Rangel, an accomplished executive resume writer, social media profile writer and job search consultant, to achieve the social media exposure and land the interviews you want, sign up for an exploratory call now and learn about the Chameleon Resumes services that can help you land your next role.
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.