There’s definitely been a running theme these past few episodes. By now I hope you’re catching on that nuanced situations with potential to alter your career path can happen at any moment. Even in this booming job creation and growing economic environment, many companies face down-turns and cut-backs.
If you’re a longtime listener, or even if you’ve listened to just a few episodes, you probably already know that the core of all of this is to be prepared and to be proactive so that in the event you need to make a change you know how to navigate that process with grace, dignity and foresight. Let’s look at how to do that in a layoff situation …
- What to do to create a mindset that forces you to be proactive … (2:06)
- The intelligence you need to gather while downsizing efforts are still on the drawing board (3:15)
- The past is the past … How to recognize who now has all the leverage so you can mirror the new order (4:30)
- What you need to know to successfully reconfigure your role with what’s important to the new order … (2:04)
- Why your instinct to lay low during this uncertain period is certain to get you packing, and what you should do instead … (6:22)
- Pay attention to these signs that you’re being passively encouraged to quit … (7:20)
- Neglect reviewing these documents and you may be in legal trouble … (8:11)
- If you’ve made it through the mass layoffs be careful not to make this critical mistake … (8:59)
Layoffs can be one of the hardest situations to navigate as there are so many potential contributing factors and possible outcomes. If you want the peace of mind of having an expert guide you through the process, we’d be happy to help.
Head over to http://executivejobsecurity.com to learn we can customize a plan to personally help you.
See you next time!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6 or 7-figure role faster.