I’ve met very few people who like working two full-time jobs. But with the constant stream of information, that’s exactly what it can feel like if you want to stay ahead of what’s happening in your field. So, realistically, how does one find and stay ahead of trends without sacrificing too much time with family and friends, or without feeling like it’s hustle 24/7?
Glad you asked! Today, I’m going to share with you some streamline ways to be sure you stand out and are noticeable to the players in your industry so you’ll always be in demand.
– You don’t have to be a bookworm, but there are some things you should be scanning religiously if you want to know what everyone’s talking about … (1:38)
– Industry trends and new ideas fall into two categories. You’re opinion on which is important, but you better back it up. (2:17)
– Selectively go to conferences and meetings, but not primarily to learn. What really should drive your decision to attend. (3:11)
– What you need to do to become the person everybody goes to … (4:32)
– Being in the right place at the right time to be seen as the trend-setter … (5:18)
As you’ll learn in the episode, so much of remaining employable and being in demand comes down to remaining relevant, and doing the things that place you in demand. And here’s a little hint: the vast majority of people aren’t doing this, so when you do, you’ll stand out all the more.
So pretend YOU’RE FIRED today, and start checking off that list of activities you need to do now, while you’re working, to create demand before you need it.
Of course, you don’t have to do all of this alone. If you you don’t want to do it alone, and would like personalized coaching, then hop over to http://executivejobsecurity.com. We’ll be glad to help.
Have a listen, now!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.