According to all TikTok, YouTube, and LinkedIn professional video standards, this video is a hot mess.
Check the short video below:
You will see:
**I don’t have a light ring, and my lighting is definitely off.
**I don’t have a tripod (so excuse the occasional shake).
**I don’t have a mic, compounded by my whispering since my travel partner, my cousin Jen, is sleeping in the room next to where I am recording in our Airbnb apartment in Valencia, Spain. I don’t want to wake her up.
**I didn’t bullet-point out my speaking points…so this may be a bit rambly and non-linear.
**And I’m not in full makeup…, and my mom would be upset that I didn’t brush my hair (vacation mode and all…).
However, I am not wearing a pajama top! (Yes, I am still wearing my pajama bottoms 🤫).
And I debated doing this video…because does anyone need to hear what I have to say looking like I do?
And in my 4 years of doing a video per week, I have missed an occasional week here and there. So that was always an option for me…
But I stopped lamenting and mentally churning after about 40 minutes and decided to do the video in my very imperfect state (and I reaallllyyy didn’t want to do the makeup and hair …. I’m sure you relate…).
I did the video because I wanted to show that we can imperfectly show up to be consistent…and you will still most likely reach someone who needs to be reached that day.
In fact….Imperfect Consistency Is The Key To My Success.
It’s not about the volumes of likes and clicks that I get. It’s about who resonates with the message, whether I know it or not.
That’s what works for me.
So who do you need to reach out to today to move your job search forward or enrich your network?
What do you need to say on a social media platform today to help someone else?
Who do you need to thank today? (And in my video, I thank my words-can’t-describe-how-amazing-they-are, but-I’m-gonna-say-they-are-amazing Chameleon Team for allowing me to take this incredible vacation to Spain with my cousin Jen).
What’s the one thing you don’t feel prepared to do that you can / should still do today?
How can you be imperfectly consistent today?
DM me or say it below, and I’ll say “great job” when you do it. (Give me a couple of days to reply as I’ll be just getting back as this goes out).
Let’s do this people 😉
P.S. If you want to learn more about how my amazing team and I can help you accelerate your 6- and 7-figure job search, schedule a chat with my Business Manager, Misty, at chatwithuslive.com.
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.