Job Search Now or Wait Until January?
An employed product manager reached out to me saying their job was in jeopardy.
He asked me if he should start his job search now or wait and see if his job was actually going to be eliminated.
I asked him, “If you saw the product line you’re responsible for was going to possibly lose a major distributor… would you wait and see if it actually happened, or would you proactively be seeking out other distribution channels?”
He knew the answer to the product line question.
He saw where I was going with the answer to his “should I job search now or wait” question…
Our career trajectory is simply a business situation that needs a plan.
If it’s growing, we need a growth plan.
If it’s in jeopardy, we need a contingency plan.
It’s a SWOT analysis of ourselves: what are my strengths and weaknesses? What are my opportunities in my career and threats to my career?
We do this type of planning and analysis for our employers every day.
Why don’t we do it for ourselves?
Why do we not think it’s worth an investment of a consultant to help us with our growth or contingency plan?
I mean, our employers hire consultants all the time… it’s an industry, for God’s sake: Deloitte, Accenture, Bain, McKinsey, CapGemini, etc…
But we don’t invest in outside advice for ourselves… you know what’s worse?
We think we know better for ourselves and try to move forth on our own without help …
So, in order to give you our very best consulting advice and job search guidance, I have created the Job Search Bundle.
This Job Search Bundle brings together the very best resume writing tactics, the most effective way to reach out to prospective companies, advice on which social media platforms you could leverage for your search, and great training on how to use third-party recruiters to your advantage.
If you grab this bundle today, you could have a better and more successful job search tomorrow.
Let’s get ahead of the January job rush,
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.