Too many job seekers are contorting themselves into a pretzel to desperately please a hiring manager – longingly hoping to be hired.
This suck-up-please-approve-me notion is even worse with experienced job seekers.
Nothing more nauseating than an experienced person groveling for love from an employer who doesn’t appreciate what they offer.
When you seek approval, you seem needy.
That’s not the way to get love from an employer.
When was the last time you wanted to be with a needy person?
Yeah. Ew… Employers don’t want to hire needy people.
So cut the crap.
You have skills.
You have achievements.
You have much to offer.
Stop brown-nosing hiring managers and putting yourself in this subservient-needing-approval stance by displaying everything you have ever done to prove your worthiness of job love.
The opposite actually works.
Less is more.
Think of it this way… Last time you were on a date were you attracted to the person who insecurely pontificated about how awesome they were?
…To the person who confidently left a bit mystery with the one or two intriguing accomplishments dropped casually during your chat?
Yeah, that’s what I thought. Insecure pontification doesn’t win the game.
Stop this need to over-prove yourself.
You are equal.
Successful job seeking is a quest of two parties seeking out equal partners to collaborate to get a function completed.
Frustrated job seeking is a failed mission of incessantly laying on how much you have done to an unsuspecting listener who eventually can’t sort out what achievement is relevant to them (and is creeped out by your desperate need to prove your value).
Attitude matters more than the right resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter and job application approach.
Don’t let these types of mistakes hinder your ability to conduct a successful job search. Join me on my No-Cost “6 Deadly Job Search Mistakes Preventing You from Landing a Job” Webinar training session as I’m going to show you how to triumph over some of the most common, but critical, job search mistakes .
Here is what you will learn:
- Learn the #1 resume mistake I see every frustrated job seeker make and the 2-second fix you can play with today.
- Discover why LinkedIn has turned into a major time suck and social hang out spot instead of the interview producing tool it’s designed to be.
- Multiply your interviews using this simple, but not-so-obvious interview generating tactic.
- See if you have the maximized salary mindset, and learn killer negotiating tactics that will ensure you take home what you want.
… and MORE!
Register for the session of your choice here -> https://chameleonresumes.com/jsawreg
Let’s do this!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.