Last time we talked about how to nail phone interviews.
And to stay on topic, let’s continue mastering other virtual ways of conducting an interview: Video and Skype.
If you think Skype is the future, you’re wrong. This is already happening. It is the present. And being able to interview successfully over Skype and video is a skill you need to master to stay ahead of your competition.
Today’s podcast will give you 10 successful video interviewing tips that can help you impress every hiring manager you talk to. By the end of it you’ll have a solid start to edge out your competition and be the candidate that gets to the next level!
-Things to practice before you switch on the webcam. (2:07)
– How to “be yourself” on video. (3:17)
– How to make your video look professional. (Hint: the secret is in the background!)(5:06)
– This one thing will make you “hard to watch” on video. (6:32)
– How to put on your best “newscaster” face. (7:44)
– Your backup plan for when things go wrong. (9:12)
Being able to communicate your value through video and Skype is paramount. And if you practice the tips you learn in this podcast, you will have a competitive edge over your competition.
Plus, if you want more interview preparation resources, go to our http://interviewprepsheet.com and download the Interview Prep Sheet. This will ensure you have all your bases covered and are ready to crush your next interview and land the job you want.
Start listening now!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6 or 7-figure role faster.