Martha Heller, of Heller Search Associates and Founder of the CIO Executive Council, continues to have her finger on the proverbial pulse of IT Leadership recruiting and has encapsulated what companies want and need in hiring effective CIOs in today’s modern, fast-moving, ever-changing marketplace. Her new book, Be The Business – CIOs in the New Era of IT is a How-To-Be-A-Great-CIO Guide for experienced and on-the-rise CIOs to play a better game and be ahead of the needs of the entire business.
Old world CIOs focus on the support of the business. In today’s digital landscape, effective CIOs are taking a lead role at the executive team table and need to be integrated into the goals of marketing, finance, legal, sales and human resources. IT is no longer about support…it IS the business. And Martha instructs CIOs how to be the business in her new book, Be The Business – CIOs in the New Era of IT.
Martha has interviewed 40 Top CIOs to offer the insight on how technology has shifted to be the crux of every business function and how a CIO is not an idea generator on how to use IT to ensure corporate goals are realized. She capitalizes on her decades of executive recruiting and journalism expertise to outline what high performing CIOs are doing to be attractive to the top employers around the globe.
I highly recommend this book for any CIO with experience looking to up their game or aspiring CIOs who want the short cut to advancing their career.
Click on the image below to get your copy now:
Author of Be the Business: CIOs in the New Era of IT (Bibliomotion 2016)
Martha Heller is president of Heller Search Associates, an executive search firm that specializes in IT leadership positions nationwide across all industries. Her first book, The CIO Paradox: Battling the Contradictions of IT Leadership (2012) has become a must-read for IT executives at all levels, and established Heller as one of the most respected voices in the technology industry. Martha has been a contributing writer on CIO.com since 1999, and in 2004 she founded the CIO Executive Council, CIO magazine’s professional organization for CIOs. As a highly sought after public speaker, Martha has appeared at the National Retail Federation, the Technology Business Management Council, Harvard University, ServiceNow, and Cisco. She is on the selection committee for the CIO 100 awards and the TBM awards. Martha received a B.A. in English from Hamilton College and an M.A. in English from SUNY Stony Brook. She lives in Westborough, Massachusetts with her husband, two daughters, and her beloved little dog.
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.