My Little LinkedIn Networking Hacks
Last week I reached out to 9 LinkedIn connections.
Every week I reach out to 5-15 people.
Here is how it happened this past week:
(1) I thought of someone I haven’t spoken with in a while. I grabbed my phone and I put on my calendar on Monday A.M. “Reach out to John Jones.”
(2) I scrolled through LinkedIn while watching TV on my couch. I looked for two connections I haven’t chatted with in a bit of time. I mark my calendar on Monday A.M., “Reach out to Richie Cunningham and Margaret Simpson”
(3) I go through prior client lists and pick two people I want to reconnect with. What do I do next? You guessed it… I make a note to call those two people Monday A.M.
(4) I did a college search and looked for – few people I graduated with and hadn’t connected with in a loooong time. And put 4 of those people on my Monday A.M. calendar slot.
… and then this Monday A.M. came.
I ended up having a full calendar on Monday already besides the time I needed to do these reach outs.
I could either put them off until tomorrow until I can call… or I decided to send quick emails instead while in line at one of the appointments I had on Monday.
Yep—during waiting periods, I sent 9 LinkedIn messages or emails to reconnect with 9 people.
Here are the stats…
5 replied back resulting in:
2 phone calls scheduled.
One Zoom chat scheduled.
One multiple voicemail exchange happening, but I’m sure we will connect soon.
And one more person I need to reply back to still…
Not bad… eh?
And I did it imperfectly. I didn’t wait until I could do it perfectly… because if I am being honest with myself, I may not have done it at all.
How do I know?
Because some weeks I didn’t do it at all.
So I prefer to do it when scheduled.
And why not do it at the time of finding the name?
I found that when I find the name and call at the same time, it’s two tasks—so I end up calling less people overall.
When I split up the tasks (find people to reach out to first, then reach out to people another time), I end up connecting with more people in the long run.
So that’s one of my many little LinkedIn networking hacks.
And if you want to learn more hacks on how to write your profile to land interviews, register for my next free, online LinkedIn Master Class on Tues. 8/24/2021 or Thurs. 8/26/2021 and learn more hacks proven to work by me, our coaches and our clients.
Reserve your free spot here: https://chamres.com/82426BL
See you then!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.