Phone Interview: Nail It to Get the Next Interview
Having distributed teams is a common thing for many companies today. And sometimes their entire organization is completely virtual.
As a consequence, doing phone interviews throughout the whole process is becoming more and more common.
Interviewing over the phone is a skill set that needs to be mastered like anything else. And for this reason, our entire show today is dedicated to this topic.
Executive phone interviews are very different from an in-person or video interview. They pose special challenges you need to be aware of. And when the job position you want is on the line, you need to know how to make the right impression.
– The one crucial difference between a phone and an in-person interview. (2:17)
– The “real” reason why hiring managers opt for that first phone interview. (2:56)
– Why you should always ask to schedule the interview in advance. (5:02)
– One huge advantage of “dressing up” even if nobody sees you. (5:45)
– How to avoid dropped calls or poor connections. (7:30)
– What the tone of your voice and the way you speak can say about you. (11:30)
– One topic you should never bring up first. (13:30)
Ready to nail your interview and move on to the next stage of the process?
Start listening now!
If you want more preparation resources, go to our http://interviewprepsheet.com and download your free Interview Prep Sheet. This will ensure you have all your bases covered and are ready to crush your next interview and land the job you want!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.