Having distributed teams is a common thing for many companies today. And sometimes their entire organisation is completely virtual.
As a consequence, doing phone interviews throughout the whole process is becoming more and more common.
Interviewing over the phone is a skill set that needs to be mastered like anything else. And for this reason, our entire show today is dedicated to this topic.
Executive phone interviews are very different from an in-person or video interview. They pose special challenges you need to be aware of. And when the job position you want is on the line, you need to know how to make the right impression.
- The one crucial difference between a phone and an in-person interview. (2:17)
- The “real” reason why hiring managers opt for that first phone interview. (2:56)
- Why you should always ask to schedule the interview in advance. (5:02)
- One huge advantage of “dressing up” even if nobody sees you. (5:45)
- How to avoid dropped calls or poor connections. (7:30)
- What the tone of your voice and the way you speak can say about you. (11:30)
- One topic you should never bring up first. (13:30)
Ready to nail your phone interview and move on to the next stage of the process?
Start listening now!
If you want more preparation resources, go to our http://interviewprepsheet.com and download your free Interview Prep Sheet. This will ensure you have all your bases covered and are ready to crush your next interview and land the job you want!
Lisa Rangel and the Chameleon Resume team have helped hundreds of people just like you get the 6-figure position they deserve.
If you are interested in working with an elite team of former Fortune 500 recruiters and executive resume writers to win the attention of hiring managers and start landing more interviews, sign up for an exploratory call now to discuss next steps.