Imagine being asked on an interview, “Tell me about a stupid decision you made 20 years ago and how it is impacting you today?”
Well, if your coffee didn’t wake you up this morning, I’ll bet you reading this question just made your eyes open a bit wider.
This is an actual question companies ask on interviews.
How would you answer?
Would you be a total truth teller? In the spirit of total transparency, would you use the interview as a therapy session and tell them the stupidest thing you ever did and how you still feel the effects of it today? This will most likely have you lose your corporate front with the interviewer and leave them wanting to wrap up the interview saying, “Thanks for coming in…don’t call us, we’ll call you.”
Would you tell them the modified version of your stupidest decision? But because you hadn’t prepared to answer this question, your eyes are shifting all over the place as you tell your really-bad-but-not-so-bad-
Would you just lie? I mean, no one can know about THAT, right? And would you get away with lying or would they be able to tell you are lying ….
If you resonate with ANY of these answers, I am going to be direct:
You need to hire us TODAY to help you with this new variation of the weakness question.
Yep, this is a real question.
Gone is the “What is your weakness?” question. Well, at least the savvy interviewers are not asking this question anymore.
Instead they ask gut-punch questions you won’t expect and certainly are most likely unprepared to answer… unless you hire us to master the interview.
This is where you master the interview ($597):
Best. Investment. Ever.
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.