How Recruiters Can Evaluate Your LinkedIn Profile Without You Knowing
Recruiters can review your background without you knowing.
That may seem obvious and not alarm you.
Did you know recruiters can also download your LinkedIn profile information into their database without your permission?
And what if the information about you they download, and subsequently use to evaluate you, is outdated or even no longer accurate?
Would this raise your eyebrow?
How does this happen?
Recruiters use systems that have the ability to download your LinkedIn profile information at anytime into their applicant databases.
There are various ways to do this.
LinkedIn has started to limit access to prevent companies from scraping member data from LinkedIn to populate their databases – but where there is a will there is a way.
And there is a will, so downloading member information into databases still happens.
So, if your current LinkedIn Profile was downloaded into a company database, would the information accurately represent your background up to this point?
Does your profile say what you want it to say about you?
Or would what is downloaded about you be outdated or even inaccurate at this point?
Would the information no longer represent you as you want to be represented?
This is important to care about, even if you are not looking for a job.
You should care what your LinkedIn profile says because it can be used to evaluate you AT ANY TIME.
When you look impressive, even when you are not looking for a job, is when recruiters call you out of the blue with a great job trying to recruit you.
Wouldn’t this be cool?
When your profile is outdated and/or inaccurate, you are passively evaluated on this outdated/inaccurate information.
Is that what you want?
Then care about your LinkedIn profile content.
Always be promoting your wins.
Attend my next no-cost “How to Create Your LinkedIn Profile to Generate 6-Figure Job Interviews Faster“ Master Class training on Tues. 7/27 or Thurs. 7/29/2021 and get your profile up to speed to look the part.
Here is the link to grab your free spot:
“See” you there!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6 or 7-figure role faster.