Do any of the following questions resonate with you?
Have you been drifting between jobs for one, two, three or more months?
Are you feeling overwhelmed and discouraged by how much time and effort your job search is taking?
Do you wake up unclear on how you spend your time most efficiently?
Been there, done that.
Are you burned out from doing all the things you know you’re supposed to be doing… such as attending networking events, writing emails, applying to jobs, and building your online brand, but getting a big fat goose egg in return?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, here are 7 steps that—if you follow them—all but guarantee interview closing success.
Here’s the rundown:
STEP ONE – Review and Optimize
A thorough review of your recent job search activities, your resume, LinkedIn profile, and target job descriptions are required in order for your current (or next) job search to be successful. Without knowing where you are today, how do you expect to get where you want to go?
STEP TWO – Strengths and Gaps Analysis
There’s nothing worse than being caught off-guard with questions you aren’t prepared to answer. And if there’s one thing you can be sure of in an interview, it’s that you’re going to be quizzed on your strengths and weaknesses. Come prepared, or prepare to be passed over.
STEP THREE – Develop Your Story
The story of your career is the “proof” to back up your professionally written documents. Without a dynamic, engaging story to tell…you’ve got no proof!
STEP FOUR – Interview Question Prep
With topics ranging from conflict resolution to management style to interpersonal style to leadership, project management, delegation, diplomacy, cross functional expertise, and the list goes on… Do you REALLY believe you’re prepared to answer all of the potential common and not-so-common interview questions?
STEP FIVE – Compensation Negotiation
Your compensation negotiation is where things go wonderfully right, or terribly, horribly wrong if you’re not prepared.
STEP SIX – Exit Strategy
If you have an exit strategy planned out, you know exactly when and how to follow up. No more guesswork or time wasted twiddling your thumbs.
STEP SEVEN – The Follow-Up
Your interview doesn’t end when you leave the room. Until the job is filled (ideally by you), you’re still interviewing. To keep your interview relevant and top of mind, having sound follow up techniques to implement are a job search requirement.
I know this might sound like a lot to absorb and learn, but knowing (and applying) these seven steps will make the difference between stumbling through your next interview… and accepting an offer.
And, I’ve got a way to make the learning and implementing of these seven steps much easier, and dangerously effective.
Our Interview Mastery System—along with our team of coaches—will grab you by the hand and take you through each of the seven steps above.
No guesswork, no wasted time, no fooling… just interview closing success.
Yes, there IS an investment… but it’s a small price to pay for gaining the tools and knowledge to shut down your job search in a matter of weeks… rather than months.
If you’re ready to level up your job search skills, here’s your next step:
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.