Similar to last week’s show, there’s a growing vibe that someone’s about to be fired. Who’s getting fired? In this scenario, it’s your boss. No big deal for you, right? Uhhh … no. If you play this wrong it could mean you’re also making the brown box walk of shame. And even if you play all the cards right you might need or want to make a change. You have to ask yourself what’s at stake? Here are five things you can do to protect your own job …
- The mindset you need to have in this situation especially when your good will is gone and you’re possibly guilty by association … (2:04)
- Your boss’s boss is watching how you handle this situation. Now more than ever you need to employ these soft skills with finesse … (2:55)
- How to handle the rumors, innuendo and uncertainty as co-workers panic and gossip … (4:20)
- What you should be doing with people within other departments of your company to prepare for your boss’s exit … (5:23)
- Plan for doing a job search. But know the landscape has changed. Here’s how to be prepared … (6:15)
Remember, while this is probably a stressful and uncertain time, this is an opportunity that you can use or lose. I say use it, and use it as an opportunity to shore up your own game plan so you’re prepared no matter what the outcome. And as always, if you need coaching on how to navigate this situation with dignity and grace, we’re here to help you do that.
Hop on over to http://executivejobsecurity.com to learn more about how we can specifically help you.
Until next time!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.