The First Step to Job Landing Success
Attitude is everything in a job search. It really is.
I recently had a job seeker named Mark reach out to me to ask, “My observation is that if you don’t have a foot in the door the resume doesn’t make a difference. Is that not true?”
No, it’s not true. At all.
In fact, there are hiring scenarios where being referred into a company can be a hindrance since prospective co-workers can think the referred employee isn’t qualified but is being considered simply because of who they know.
So while a “foot in the door” can make certain scenarios move faster, it’s not a magic elixir to job landing success. And it can be a burden sometimes.
So no, Mark, it’s not true.
Job seekers land jobs through making new networking connections.
Job seekers research news stories, make inroads with decision-makers and get hired this way.
Job seekers get hired through job boards.
Many job seekers find job landing success outside of having a foot in the door.
There are so many ways to land an interview and land a job.
And the attitude to be open to all the ways, even if it’s uncomfortable to execute some of the tactics, is paramount to landing a job in this crazy time in which we find ourselves.
This may sound mean to you, but I suggested to Mark not to hire us if he thinks he can only land a job with a foot in the door.
I explained that he needed to be open to new ways of getting hired for him to find job landing success. If he wasn’t willing to see other channels or couldn’t see other possibilities, I wanted him to save his funds.
You see, when you hire us or any type of coach/consultant, you have to believe change can happen to be on the path of success. You have to believe it’s going to work, but when you first invest, you realize you just don’t know how right at the moment.
So open your mind to what’s possible.
That’s the first step to job landing success.
Hope that helps,
P.S.: Whenever you are ready to start your job search and land more interviews, booking an exploratory call with our job landing specialists is the best way I can help you. Go here to book your complimentary call: https://chameleonresumes.com/contact-us/
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.