Many popular job search coaches give you the same advice: “Hold out and never say your salary expectations when asked!”
But here’s the thing. This works in an ideal world and the reality is usually very different.
If you don’t openly disclose your salary range you risk to not move on with the interview process.
But there’s a way around that. And that’s what we’re going to discuss on the podcast today!
You’ll learn how to get past the recruiter who won’t move you forward without stating a range first. And you’ll discover one bold salary negotiating tactic only audacious high achievers can use.
– Hear a typical “don’t want to say my numbers first” negotiating conversation between a candidate and recruiter. (Complete with comments of what’s really going on behind the scenes!) (1:50)
– Why most candidates DON’T have the luxury to refuse telling their number. (4:36)
– The real reason why your interview ends when you don’t state your salary range. (5:04)
– One bold negotiating tactic you can use when recruiter insists you disclose your salary range. (Warning: This is NOT for the faint-of-heart!) (7:00)
And if you still don’t feel prepared to implement all of the actions you’ve learned on this show, then go to http://pretendyourfiredtoday.com/coaching and discover how to get more in-depth help from us.
Start listening now!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.