The Worst Resume I Have Ever Seen
Will a recruiter think you have the worst resume they have ever seen?
Will they think you are marketing yourself poorly and then second guess wanting to represent you?
I was a search firm recruiter for 13 years. I still have search firm recruiters referring candidates to me and asking me to redo their resumes and give them the best chance ever at landing a job because…
…when a search firm recruiter makes a placement >>> the recruiter gets paid.
Naturally a recruiter wants their candidate to look awesome so both the company and the client feel great about the placement (and the recruiter can feel good about wanting to work with you).
But… if your resume sucks and makes a recruiter roll their eyes with exasperation they are going to think twice about working with you.
On the other hand, if you have an impressive resume that makes you look like the strongest candidate in this hyper competitive market, a recruiter will take notice.
You should strive to make recruiters (and referrals) proud to pass your resume along. They should be eager to get you seen but the only way to make this happen is by putting some effort into your resume.
This 45-minute training session (+Q&A) will show you exactly how to build a resume a recruiter or hiring manager would be proud of.
You’ll see how to make your branding and career story leap off the page as well as the little details that catch the eye and let recruiters know that you are a serious candidate for the position.
A recent job seeker sent me this lovely note after attending this resume training recently:
I wanted to let you know that I am accepting an offer from a company for a role that I will love. I learned so much from your webinars. I worked over my resume and I think it was a big part of me getting this role.
You are a great professional, and I really would like to keep in contact, because the future is always an open door. I may even want to be a recruiter, or position like yours someday.
Thanks so much.
Best Regards, Phil”
So, if you have a moment next week, jump into this training and start crushing those job applications. You’ll never have to worry about having the worst resume anyone has ever seen.
See you there,
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.