This Simple Action Will Expose the Hidden Job Market
There is one simple thing, you can do daily, that will ensure your pool of potential jobs never dries up but…
…simple doesn’t always mean easy. Once you have mastered this “thing” however, you’ll never have to worry about where your next job lead will come from.
So what is it? What is this elusive action that will land you intriguing and exciting interviews?
It’s always networking. And I know that I harp on about networking being the magic pill to end all joblessness… but I’m not wrong.
Think back to how you’ve obtained most of your jobs over the years. I bet that for 99.9% of you reading it was via a friend, a colleague, or a referral within your network. I can pretty much guarantee that many of you landed a long-term position via networking.
And granted, it may have been “accidental networking”, “fate”, or “right place, right time” but nonetheless, one of your great last jobs was landed using this high-touch approach.
So let’s keep doing what we know works and build a network of influential people who can be your stepping stone to your next great job.
I actually got an email recently from reader Denise who decided to take an active approach to networking… look at what she had to say:
“I have to share with you that I read what you write and try to apply it. Based on your recommendation to network, I contacted HR people and recruiters and now have 4 upcoming interviews that I am excited about.
Thank you for that bit of wisdom,
Of course, the easiest way for you to build a powerful network full of A-list decision makers is LinkedIn. It’s the executive’s power play when it comes to opening up doors and finding hidden opportunities.
You must be on LinkedIn in order to be seen and offered opportunities so I am inviting you to my free LinkedIn profile writing Master Class on Tues. 8/24/2021 or Thurs. 8/26/2021. I want to show you exactly what your profile should include and then, how to use LinkedIn to actively network and successfully unlock the hidden job market.
There are 2 sessions available for your convenience and I always send a replay to those who register but can’t make it.
Go here to reserve your spot: https://chamres.com/82426BL
Looking forward to sharing my LinkedIn training with you,
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.