Your LinkedIn Profile: Have You Thought About This?
There are absolutely things I don’t think about as often as I should.
Is my tire pressure OK? When was the last time I changed the HVAC filter? Should I have changed the Arm and Hammer baking soda tab in my fridge yet?
I just don’t think about these things, and recently it bit me in the ass.
My car was making noise, and yes, that’s not the most helpful thing to say to a mechanic, but it was, and so I tried to explain what was happening when I was driving.
It was kinda like a dull droning noise, and as I tried to mimic the noise, my mechanic’s eyebrows slid up his forehead.
He took the car for a spin and when he came back, he told me 100%, without doubt, that my tires needed replacing ASAP and he asked me when was the last time I had done that?
Whoops. That’s one of those things I don’t think about. I mean, I live downtown and there’s a pandemic, I can’t say I have used my car that much!
Anyway, I sheepishly looked at him, told him to do what is needed, and that I would stay on top of these things in the future.
So, in the vein of staying on top of things I am here to ask you:
When was the last time you checked your LinkedIn profile and updated it?
Many times when I am talking with prospective clients, they confess sheepishly that they haven’t updated their LinkedIn in years. They tell me it’s not something they stay on top of and that truthfully….
…they are not really sure how to change or update what is there.
They tell me that their profile is a dumping ground for past jobs, past experiences, and a bio they created a decade ago.
Well, guess what, that LinkedIn profile is a vital part of your job search and if it’s as outdated as my tires, you’ve got big problems.
You’re trying to transition and move forward when your LinkedIn profile is holding you back. This won’t work.
Join me for my upcoming no-cost LinkedIn Profile Master Class on Tues. 8/24/2021 or Thurs. 8/26/2021 as I unravel the secrets behind a standout profile and how you can not only stand out in a sea of competitors, but actually attract the right attention from recruiters, hiring managers, and other key people inside your jobs search.
Reserve your free spot for the session of your choice:
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6 or 7-figure role faster.