2 Things Most People Forget When Interviewing
You have an interview coming up.
Have the location noted… Check.
Researched the company… Check.
Researched the contacts and department where I will be working… Did that.
Suit ready to go.
Printed resumes to bring.
Studied interview questions and practiced my answers… Check.
Made sure I have stories for my resume bullets and know my resume inside and out…Check and check…
At this point, most people feel fully ready for the interview by covering these basic tenets of interviewing.
On the interview, you feel like you are sailing through the interview questions.
Loving the fact that the conversation feels fluid and natural.
Asking good questions and answering qualitatively.
You are in the interview zone…
Here is where most people forget the two last items that potential employers are evaluating during an interview:
It is not just what you say… What also matters is how you say it. (Communication delivery).
It is not just what you do… What also matters is what you choose to do. (Judgement).
This is advanced interviewing….
Will you leave the interviewer wondering why you chose that particular story to showcase your latest sales win?
Will the interviewer wonder why you decided to speak about your boss in that manner, even if you thought it was diplomatic enough?
Will you leave a confident impression with your posture and speaking demeanor?
Does your communication style give off the vibe you want?
You can have the edge… Now that you know the hidden gems a recruiter is looking for in a candidate….
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6 or 7-figure role faster.