If you want to land an executive position, you need an executive resume written from a recruiter’s perspective who understands ATS systems and how hiring happens in order to stand out and accurately promote your strengths.
Your executive resume’s job is to land the interview. Having an eye-catching, visually-captivating layout makes a powerful first impression with the hiring manager. The highest level recruiters, CEOs, CFOs, and board members will call you for the interview when this is done properly.
The following resume examples were written by a professional executive resume writer with years of experience in executive recruiting.
Take note of the writing style and word choices that emphasize the candidate's professional achievements to stand out to recruiters. Keep your resume focused on executive and managerial achievements relevant to the targeted position.
Some examples of these achievements and activities are: creating new business opportunities, increasing ROI, business management, and sales generation. Other strong points to include are financial management, risk assessment, developing and implementing strategies, and providing leadership direction.
Chief Financial Officer Resume Example – Senior Finance Executive
This two-page resume emphasizes achievements and bottom-line results. Results are demonstrated with the numerous examples of past proof of results, while highlighting leadership accomplishments.
The layout contributes to the readability of the executive resume. The correct layout framework of the resume allows the reader to easily move their eye through the document, increasing probability of that interview call happening.
This executive resume focuses on accomplishments instead of simply listing job responsibilities and competencies. Demonstrating achievement at their job responsibilities in the executive resume is paramount to getting an interview.
- Leadership snapshot gives a quick idea of leadership strengths
- Bullet point strengths at first glance of the resume
- Easy readability from the layout and planning
Chief Operations Officer (COO) - Global Operations Director Resume Example
This is an example of a resume for a Global Head Of Operations.
When there are many equally good points to make immediately clear on your resume, a layout like the following is useful to make them all easy to find.
This resume sample has a clear headline and short summary that is led by powerful bullet points that make it quick to learn about the job seeker. This is an often overlooked point in resume writing, where the applicant will overwhelm the recruiter with too much irrelevant information that is difficult to read.
- Usage of graphs and charts to visualize ROI
- Bold points with supporting relevant statements
- Strong-colored backgrounds to accent specific sections
Chief Marketing Officer Resume Example
This is an example of a resume for a CMO or Chief Marketing Officer.
By addressing the relevant achievements important to the prospective employer, this executive resume stood out and landed interviews. We immediately listed several of the candidate’s achievements and relevant competencies. Recruiters called because it is bold, easy to read and relevant.
We provided a wealth of work experience, each providing easy to read bullet points to quickly see the job seeker's accomplishments at each position.
- Bold design and points stand out to the reader
- Shows long work history with many accomplishments
Human Resources Executive (Director/VP) Resume Example
This is an example of a resume for a Senior Human Resources Executive.
The rich use of accented bullet points in the opening section makes this resume immediately eye-catching. It also makes use of a bold headline section, where the executive job seeker's targeted role is made clear.
- Distinct design layout and usage of color backgrounds
- Bold and clear headlines for each section
- Bullet-point layout of prior accomplishments and positions
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.