Here is a list, not an exhaustive list, but a solid list of 37 ways job seekers, entrepreneurs and anyone who wants to advance their career, can promote themselves to prospective employers and the consumer market place.
Which ones are you NOT doing?
Pick 5 and get going on them today…
1- Social Media Profiles (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, About.me, Instagram, ZoomInfo Profile, etc)
2- Blog Posts and Guest Posts
3- Personal/Professional Website
4- White Papers on relevant industry and profession topics
5- Branded Resume and Career Communications
6- Executive Professional Biography
7- Email Signature
8- Speaking Engagements and Strategic Conference Attendance
9- Industry Networking Events (Healthcare, Technology, Toy Industries, etc)
10- Like-Minded Discipline Associations (IT Executives, CFOs, Marketing Professionals, etc)
11- Targeted Newsletters promoting Thought Leadership in your field
12- Regular Phone Contact with Your Network
13- Personal Email and Email Campaigns
14- YouTube and other Video Portals
15- Hobby Groups (Running, Book Clubs, Music, Team Sports, The Arts, etc)
16- Social Media Engaged Self-Promotion Marketing (Tweets, Posts, Updates)
17- Photo Sharing with Appropriate Tagging
18- Logos, Catchphrases, Taglines used consistently in all promotion
19- Marketing Collateral (Business Cards, Letterhead, Leave-behinds)
20- Press Releases – Free and Paid Publicity
21- Quoted in Media Articles
22- Broadcast TV Appearances
23- Facebook Live Videos
24- Joint Ventures and Cross Promotion with other Professionals
25- Local Business-to-Business Networking Events
26- Training & Support Groups (Job Seeker Groups, Public Speaking Groups)
27- Relevant Meet-Up Groups & Eventbrite Events
28- Corporate Alumni Organizations
29- University Alumni Events
30- PowerPoint and Slideshare presentations
31- Webinars and Podcasts
32- Books, eBooks and Pamphlets
33- Publication Articles
34- Person-to-Person Meetings
35- Charitable Volunteer and Fundraising Work
36- Community Development Participation
37- Helping Someone Else Achieve Their Dreams
If you feel you need more hands on help, our Ultimate Job Search Audit will put you on the phone with one of our recruiter-turned-job-
Don’t be tongue-tied any longer.
Don’t struggle to promote you any longer.
Don’t depend on others to promote you and be disappointed when they steal your limelight.
You can do this with our help: https://chameleonresumes.com/
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.