Cover letters are necessary evils.
When I recruited, I didn’t read them much. And when I did, I typically felt the cover letter hurt the candidate more than it helped.
I’m not a fan.
But some hiring managers and recruiters love cover letters.
So, as a result, you gotta have a good one or two ready to go. Right?
But before you send your cover letter, make sure you run your cover letter by my list of 4 Undiscussed Cover Letter Mistakes outlined in this video.
Undiscussed? Well, 3 of the 4 cover letter mistakes I list here, I haven’t seen listed anywhere (but let me know if you see it somewhere).
No matter what…make sure your cover letter doesn’t have any of these four mistakes to increase your chance of landing an interview.
And if you want my newest ebook, “Cover Letter eNotes: The Modern Way To Land Interviews”, grab your copy using this link: https://chamres.com/cpC8Ah
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.