I hear the frustration and pain from experienced job seekers day in and day out:
“Employers want to hire a 20-something year old, with the experience of a 50-year old, at the price of an 18-year old.”
“45 is the new 65. And no one calls me because of it.”
“I can see the HR Manager’s shoulders slump down when I walk in, knowing they realized I’m older than I sounded on the phone interview.”
The pain of ageism (as sexism, racism, and other -isms) in the job search is real.
And the age-related rejection, real or perceived, is debilitating otherwise competent job seekers across the globe.
What are you supposed to do if you believe ageism is a problem in your job search?
I mean, what are you really supposed to do?
It’s not like you can change how old you are, right?
Are you supposed to give up and just throw in the employment towel?
I say accept it as fact. If you were in battle, you would assess the power of your enemy and devise a plan around it, right?
You wouldn’t walk around whining about your opponent having certain powers or advantages, right?
You would accept it, no matter how daunting, and see how you can overcome it… Yes?
So do the same thing here assuming ageism is your enemy – your opponent.
Assume you will experience age bias.
Don’t assume ageism is the reason for EVERYTHING you are experiencing… This is not true nor wise. But assume it will happen and accept it.
Face it and address it head-on.
Here is how: Don’t assume you are unique or being singled out. Accept it and plan accordingly.
Those that overcome ageism are not all of a sudden making themselves younger, right?
They have accepted it and made a plan.
Now it is your turn to make a plan…
My “Beat Ageism & Get Hired” eManual will show you the resume, LinkedIn, job landing and offer-generating interview tactics that you will need to make Ageism your bitch… tame this Demon and win.
Here this the link: https://chameleonresumes.com/
**Uncover the little-known techniques to use on your resume and profile to highlight your merits and draw away from your age.
**Diminish the effect your age plays in your candidacy and focus more on your achievements… Make your candidacy ageless!
**Be the hope for our generation and show everyone it’s possible to get hired… Even at 65. Using the tactics I have developed and perfected with our senior-level clients over the past 9 years, you’ll land that 6 figure job no matter your age.
Here is where you can get the scoop: http:/chameleonresumes.com/age
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.