So we know why we network, but what do you do to follow up after a networking event?
After all, it’s what you do after the event that matters, as that is where the real work begins!
Here are 5 suggestions of what to do:
1) Google their name – You’d be amazed at what you can find by Googling a person. You can find additional information to help you with reasons to connect – or not to connect. This info can help with all the other steps on this list.
2) Make notes on what happened at the event, record your thoughts and create a list of actions to implement.
3) Write an email indicating that you enjoyed meeting them and why it makes sense to keep chatting.
4) Start a dialogue to stay in touch, if there is no need to meet – ask them what they thought of the event via email.
5) Connect with a LinkedIn Invitation including a note that you enjoyed meeting at the event where you met.
Were any of these a surprise to you?
If not a surprise, are you unsure how to execute these steps?
If yes, take our Job Landing Quiz at joblandingquiz.com and see what other job landing knowledge gaps you have.
Once you get your score, you will get access to sign up for our no-cost training on how to identify and eliminate the 5 most common career mistakes people make when looking for a job and advancing their career.
Take the quiz: http://joblandingquiz.com
Tell me how you did.
Enjoy the training!
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.