“Video #3 of 5 Tips on Choosing the Right Executive Resume Writing Service by Lisa Rangel of Chameleon Resumes.
Understanding the executive professional resume writing process.
What type of strategy and tactics will the resume writer use to help with your executive resume?
Get to know the team and who is working on your executive resume when you start.
Understand how many edits and drafts of your resume you will see before the final draft.
Lisa Rangel: Find out what their resume development and coaching process entails to empower you to achieve your goals and ensure it works with your learning style. Some writers will have you fill out a questionnaire only and write your resume from that document. Others will hold a one-on-one call (possibly several) to develop your documents verbally. While other services employ a process using both tactics (one-on-one strategy calls and custom questionnaire process combined—this is the process what we use, for example.)
There are also different editing processes. We believe that a collaborative editing process is important for as long as someone needs to edit until they are happy. Other firms limit the editing process to a specific number of rounds of edits. Learn what the providers’ edit process is so you are not surprised.
Here are questions to ask to find out about the executive resume writing firm’s process to help you make an informed decision:
• Does the person who sold you the package write the document also? (Think about that timing—if they are both selling and writing, can they dedicate the time needed for you?) Or is the person who sold you the package outlining how you will be partnered with a qualified executive resume writer on their team who has the expertise and recruiting experience in their industry/profession?
• Will you work with a writer one-on-one to help you develop your resume (and possibly other career documents) from start-to-finish? Will you always be able to get a human on the phone to work through issues that can’t be solved via email?
• Does the writer do all the work themselves or collaborate with a team behind them, but you still have the writer as your point person? Is the writer transparent about their use of ghostwriters?
• How many edits do the executive resume writing firm offer after presenting the first draft? Are those edit rounds limited to email only or can you speak to your writer about your edits?
Let us know in the comment section: Share your LinkedIn profile link and what is one thing you like to change about your profile?
Speak With Us Today and See How We Can Help You, Schedule a Call HERE: https://chameleonresumes.com/contact-us/
Here are the reasons why executives choose Chameleon Resumes when they need their resumes written professionally and seeking career guidance: https://chameleonresumes.com/why-chameleon/
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.