I had an HR consultant reach out to me and ask how we prepare candidates for culture fit interview questions.
Essentially, she wanted to know about the list of questions we use to prepare our clients for when companies want to determine if someone is a good culture fit for their organization.
This is the part of the interview process when the company has already determined that your qualifications are suitable. Now the hiring managers want to see if you are a fit with the culture of the firm.
We have a list of about a dozen questions we address with clients, but this is my personal favorite to ask.
What would your answer be?
“Let’s be blunt. We all have a down side, a weakness, a quirk, or whatever you want to call it, that we will eventually find out about each other. If you start working here, what is the one thing I’ll learn about you in due time? Can you give me a heads up about it?”
(When they answer, I’d tell them about my downside/quirk/weakness, so no one feels vulnerable.)
If you were asked this question, how would you answer?
People who can answer this question (and the rest of the cultural fit questions) will reinforce to the prospective hiring manager that they will be a good fit.
You can go on a ton of interviews, demonstrate that you have the right qualifications, and if you are still not landing the offer, then you are probably struggling with the cultural fit interview questions.
Lauren was struggling with getting the offer on the multitude of interviews she was attending. She was frustrated. She has an amazing background (full of wins), and was advancing through the interview process, but not getting the offer.
Lauren hired us for our Interview Mastery System.
And we addressed what she was struggling with. She sent this email 11 days after hiring us:
“Hi Lisa: I listened to everything your company told me and I got the job offer!!! Your company and services rock and truly are effective. I already recommended a friend, who’s having a similar issue, to contact your company for coaching. Thank you a million times. There are no words to thank you for having your company exist!!
Sometimes you just need an outside perspective to tell you how to answer these cultural fit questions better.
If you want to stop struggling with your interviews and start landing offers, get our Interview Mastery System: https://chameleonresumes.com/interview-mastery-system/
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.