Hi everyone! Welcome to this final episode of the Pretend You’re Fired Today podcast series. It has been such a joy sharing and engaging with you each week. I sincerely hope you’ve found the information we’ve discussed over these last 52 episodes to be valuable – it certainly will be if it helps you save your current job, advance higher in your career or even find a better job.
In this final episode, I want to talk about something that seems to be on a lot of minds these days. Uncertainty. In today’s political and financial economic climate, there is a lot of uncertainty that can affect your job and future opportunities. So I’d like to leave you with some things you can do to economy-proof your career.
- A mindset shift you must make regarding uncertainty that will set you apart from all the nervous ninnies ... (2:16)
- The type of employee companies really want to hire and keep, especially in uncertain times – this one tip will make you stand out like a pearl among marbles (3:17)
- Fifteen things you must begin doing to remain focused and resilient (3:58)
- The absolute best time to reach out to people who you think can help your career and how to get them to want to help you (5:22)
- Your employer is not a two-bit clown hired for your fourth birthday party. Don’t expect them to be responsible for this key job satisfaction component ... (6:15)
- You’re more than likely missing huge opportunities by not connecting on LinkedIn with these people ... (7:30)
- A special challenge I’m making to you that increases your exposure and opens untold opportunities (9:09)
One thing I really want to reiterate is the importance of being a resource for others. The single best way for you to open up opportunities in your career is to help others, so look for ways to do that. And as always, I and my team at Chameleon Resumes are here to help guide and coach you if you’d like someone to walk alongside you in your career journey.
I want to thank you for being a loyal listener, and I’m excited for the opportunities that are coming your way. I’m confident you now have the tools you need to remain in demand and will increase your opportunities to be quickly hired should the need arise.
Be sure to take advantage of all the resource websites mentioned in this episode. I’ve listed them below for your convenience. Cheers to taking the steps to remain employable and always in demand by pretending you’re fired today!
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.