Are more LinkedIn Network Connections genuinely better?
There are a lot of lists in the careers industry coming out promoting those who have grown their connections so fast in recent months.
Personally, I have decreased my connections by 6,000 the last 8 months and I’m still at 29,000 connections and 37,000 followers.
I don’t accept everyone requesting to connect on LinkedIn since I’m not right for everyone, even if they are attempting to connect with me.
I’m a believer in more is not better.
So in a sea of LinkedIn noise, how do you grow your LinkedIn network genuinely so as a job seeker you can get quality interviews, and as a career professional, you have appropriately targeted fans and followers?
In today’s video,
—I give you a suggestion on how to get to know someone new online without being too forward or seem like a creep.
—Using an old-school technique, how to effectively personalize a recommendation made by LinkedIn to reach out to someone for a job referral or connection.
—I show you what two things you have at your fingertips to meld together when crafting LinkedIn messages to existing and new contacts to come across genuine when connecting.
And job seekers, if you liked the tips in this video, register for my next free training on how to write your LinkedIn profile to land a 6-figure job interview. Here is the link: https://chamres.com/fgB4PB
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6 or 7-figure role faster.