Today I want to talk about how to increase LinkedIn followers and why the habit of procrastination is so detrimental to your success.
I often find it a struggle to run on a regular basis. There’s usually some sort of inner dialogue that involves doubt and questioning. However, inevitably when I finish the run I wonder why I spent so much time lamenting the work.
This happened to me multiple times during the course of my training for a recent half-marathon and it made me realize that this process applies to networking on LinkedIn.
The habit of procrastination can be a powerful thing, but sometimes you have to just get up and show up and not worry about the results. If you want to learn how to increase LinkedIn followers, just know that the most important thing is to get started.
When it comes to LinkedIn, it’s more than just optimizing your profile. It’s the daily or weekly habits that you do to stay connected that really matter. To get the most out of LinkedIn, you really need to contact people and nurture those connections. These kinds of interactions will be vital to your success.
It comes down to the power of habit. When you commit to doing something, the result will come.
I’ll be doing a free LinkedIn training session where I cover ten network-building activities: seven activities to help you optimize your profile and three activities to help you advance and nurture your network.
These activities will help you to learn how to increase LinkedIn followers and build a healthy network. Stop the habit of procrastination and get started today.
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.