The LinkedIn Activity Feed, that resides on the home page when a LinkedIn member logs into their account, is a treasure trove of information from their connections and followed companies. Posting information, via the update function for information to appear in the Activity Feed, is a great way for a LinkedIn member to stay top of mind to their connections. By posting interesting information of value on a regular basis to your LinkedIn Activity Feed, hiring managers and recruiters within your connection reach start to see you as a generous, knowledgeable resource to reach out for referrals and inquiries to when open roles are available.
Types of information that one can consider posting is:
- Congratulations of others on promotions and job changes
- Promotions received; new projects awarded
- Topics needing advice and insight
- Announcements on accolades, testimonials and awards received
- Conferences, conventions and networking events attending
- Informational materials, such as videos, publications, podcasts, slides and white papers
- Articles written by others that the job seeker finds interesting
- Re-posting and sharing of information posted in others’ activity feeds
- Comments on other member’s posts; responses to comments on own posts
The engagement is highly valued by LinkedIn, but exactly how it is measured and weighted is unknown. Sharing information with these types of informational posts cross pollinate one’s profile to generate more and more exposure well beyond the first degree of connections, which increases the likelihood of recruiters and hiring managers stumbling upon the candidate’s profile and ranking higher in search results, due to the engagement and common connections.
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6 or 7-figure role faster.