LinkedIn Success by Stopping and Starting
Dana Mayer, a 5-star Executive Career Coach says “Stop relying on hard work and ambition. Start relying on success habits and systems.”
She talks about how she learned about habits being a key indicator of success from Marshall Goldsmith, famed executive coach, in her blog post, “Skills or Habits: What’s the best way to level up?”
These ideas resonated with me as I, too, believe that it’s the repeated activity that gets someone to a level of success. Even if some days the quality of that activity isn’t spectacular… come back tomorrow and you get another crack at it. Don’t give up.
This idea also reverberated with me when I read a specific two-word phrase in Seth Godin’s Linchpin book. The phrase is “Artists ship.”
Same basic idea. Artists don’t set out to create the masterpiece. They simply create every day in some way. Some days are terrible. Other days are good. Few days are spectacular.
And you just come back to create the next day… some days you want to and some days you don’t, but you come back and create anyway.
Dana’s words and Seth’s words inspire me.
I want to instill this idea in my ChamTribe members.
Today might go well. Tomorrow might not go so well. But you do it again the following day anyway.
In that continued return lies success.
So in your job search, I challenge you to do this:
Find someone in your LinkedIn connections to whom you haven’t spoken with in a while. A college alum friend? A former work colleague? Someone you met a conference a couple of years ago and didn’t reconnect immediately after?
Now reach out to them. Use LinkedIn messaging. Call them. Or text. Or email.
Regardless of the outcome, do it again with someone else tomorrow.
Stop wondering how to use LinkedIn to network and start a simple system of reaching out one time daily—and depend on a simple success system that you create, as Dana suggested.
And if you want to learn how to use LinkedIn better, such as writing a profile to attract 6-figure interviews and what LinkedIn activities to do to land 6-figure job interviews, you will want to sign up for my upcoming LinkedIn Profile Master Class on Tues. 8/24/2021 or Thurs. 8/26/2021.
Pick the session of your choice and reserve your seat using the link below.
See you there!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.