Why You Need to “Snap Out Of It!” and Step Up Your Job Search
The movie, Moonstruck, is one of my favorite movies. And I recently watched it to get into the holiday spirit.
The scene that makes me laugh every time is when Cher’s character slaps Nicolas Cage’s character and exclaims, “Snap out of it!” after he tells her he is in love with her.
And he says he can’t snap out of it.
She says he has to.
Over the past couple of days, I have had many of you reply to me asking if I am sure hiring happens over the holidays.
I’m sure. December was often my best month, or one of my top three months, when I recruited.
Ask any other good recruiter you know. They will tell you the same thing.
But some of you won’t abandon the idea that November and December is slow.
And I want to slap you and say, “Snap out of it!” 😉
You have nothing to lose by trying. You can do this on your own and wander aimlessly through the back end of this year or you can snap out of it, and let us guide you.
If you want to be laser-like in your job search approach during the remaining days of the year, you can hire us to help you at an affordable price point:
** Get precise, customized feedback on your resume and LinkedIn profile and stop trying to apply the conflicting general information that’s not right for you anymore.
** Learn the three little-known activities you can do on LinkedIn to increase your engagement (not just views) on LinkedIn.
** Leverage the 2 effective strategies that get interviews, but most job seekers are afraid to use.
Now is the time to do this. The year is nearly over.
This is no risk. The best case scenario is you will have a new job for 2021!!
Worst case scenario is you are ready for January ahead of everyone else who will be starting to get ready. (Believe me. It’s as predictable as everyone signing up at the gym first week of January).
Beat this crowd.
Let’s do this…
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
* Article updated Nov. 2020
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.