The Paralyzing Fear of Losing What You Have In Your Executive Career
I remember my last year at a job where I had worked 9-1/2 years.
I was burnt out on my company.
I was burnt out on the recruiting I was doing.
I was really burnt out on starting up recruiting offices.
But I had a good gig. A really nice gig.
And I was the sole income in my family. Hubby was a fabulous stay at home dad.
And I had well-paying job expenses, too.
I was locked into the job – so I thought.
I was not looking at the bigger possibilities outside my company. I had a paralyzing fear of losing what I had in my company.
This mindset crippled me for a number of months.
What did that paralysis look like?
This paralyzing fear took the form of:
- Working through lunch.
- Hiding behind all the work that I had to do.
- Taking on more work that I didn’t have time to do and then staying later to do it.
Nah… I worked through my denial that something may happen – but if I hoped hard enough and worked hard enough, nothing would happen.
This was exhausting.
Luckily I snapped out of it and, along with my friend’s help, I started connecting with colleagues who had left their current employer and just started networking.
I found them using LinkedIn.
And I started having meetings.
That led to more interviews and my next job.
And I did more than just find old colleagues on LinkedIn.
I made new connections on LinkedIn and made target lists.
Want to learn how to do what I did and learn the best way way to set up your profile to land interviews?
Attend my no-cost LinkedIn profile master class training and find out how to use LinkedIn the right way to get noticed & land interviews.
At the minimum, you may start to shed that paralyzing fear of losing what you have and start to see all of the possibilities that await you and your executive career.
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.