Recruiter Calls with Your 425K Dream Job. You Ready?
I have a client who was called by a recruiter for a 425K dream financial leadership job.
That type of active recruiting is a real thing and happens throughout the entire year (summer and winter holiday included)!
If you received that call today from a recruiter wanting to talk about your dream job, would you be able to send off your resume right after the call? Maybe just after a few small tweaks? Would you be able to do that?
My client was able to send his resume to the recruiter within 8 hours of the call when he got home from work that day.
His resume was proactively ready to go after a couple of customizations that were needed from the information shared by the recruiter about the job and the company.
What do you need to do to be ready if your dream job called today?
Here are 4 steps to take now:
(1) Pull out your resume and update it with your current role and most recent prior roles if it’s been a while since you updated your resume. Ensure you include relevant accomplishments that pertain to the job you want to do next.
(2) Ensure you are using a modern layout for your updated resume. Resume samples that have contemporary layouts which have landed 6-figure job interviews can be found here: https://chameleonresumes.com/executive-resume-samples.
(3) When crafting an achievement-focused bullet for your resume to set your resume apart from other candidates, be sure to list the task along side with the challenge or opportunity you faced, the action you took to fix the challenge or capitalize on the opportunity and the result that came from your action. This is the formula on how to write an effective achievement-focused resume bullet.
(4) Correlate the content of your resume with your LinkedIn profile. When your resume and profile communicate two different goals, it can stop a hiring manager in their tracks. Make sure your content within each document is supportive of each other and in sync.
Do you want to see these suggestions in action? Need further demonstration on how to make these steps come to life?
Join me on Tues. 9/7/2021 or Thurs. 9/9/2021 for my “How to Design a Powerful Resume to Land 6-Figure Interviews and Get the Offer!” Master Class. It’s free and accessible from your phone, computer or tablet.
Reserve your spot for the session of your choice:
Be ready for when a recruiter calls with your dream job. Be able to send out your awesome resume within 8 hours like my client did.
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.