Reducing Income Loss Anxiety
I had two teens at home because of school closures due to the coronavirus pandemic.
They eat a lot.
So when it became clear that they would be home for a while, I started doing the math on how much they eat and how much we would need. The amount I had to maintain gave me anxiety.
What if I didn’t have enough in the coming weeks? I knew logically we wouldn’t starve, but these aren’t logical times, right? I knew I had to prep to quell my anxiety.
For example, my kids eat Dole Fruit cups. By the dozens.
Right before we were in full stock up/limited quarantine mode, I went to the store and bought 12 cups. The lady in front of me at the checkout line looked at me with a side-eye like I was hoarding. I looked back at her and wanted say, “Lady, my kids will eat this in two days. Not hoarding.”
But back to the emergency quarantine prep list.
I have some medication I really need. I’m gluten-free and dairy-free so I had to make sure I had enough of the right food so I don’t feel like crap by eating the wrong food in panic modes.
Everything else I can be flexible about… but those are my minimal requirements.
And then there are things that make my life comfortable… like toilet paper, vegetables, protein foods (whether it’s meat or peanut butter).
So yes, I stocked up for me and my family. Made sure my Mom was good and some other important people in my life
Stocking up lowered my anxiety when the SHTF.
What did you buy? What could you not do without?
I’m sure you prepped. I’m sure you were relieved when more restrictions came and you were prepared.
Now shift over to your income.
Is your income the means that allows you to live in your house, send your kids to college, take care of your medical bills, etc.? Or are you independently wealthy?
If you are in the latter category, then God Bless you. You may not benefit from reading the rest of the email.
But the rest of you, read on…
If your income currently allows you to live your life as you do now, what prep have you done lately to protect it?
Is the ongoing health crisis and volatile economy giving you income loss anxiety?
If you said “YES” to yourself, then know just as you reduced your anxiety by proactively prepping for the impending quarantine, you can do the same for your income loss anxiety as well.
How? One effective way is to use LinkedIn to prepare, nurture, and expand your network. My next free, online LinkedIn Profile Master Class on Tues. 7/27 or Thurs. 7/29 will show you how to use LinkedIn to shore up your career prospects ahead of time so you can reduce or eliminate your career anxiety. We’ll also cover the 7 most important areas of your profile that when properly optimized, will get you noticed by key decision makers for the jobs you’re targeting.
Click the link below to register for the session of your choice:
Join me to get the questions you have answered and learn the ins and outs of LinkedIn that will help you during this time.
Reduce your income loss anxiety by joining me on the upcoming training.
See you there!
Lisa Rangel – ExecutiveResume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.